Why to adopt a mix breed animal?
It is wonderful to have a pure-breed animal descending from a licensed puppy breeder. If you would like to have a pure-breed pet this is the only place we recommend you to buy it from.
“Pure-breed” puppies for 150 BGN (75 EUR) DOES NOT EXIST. Such puppies are a result of uncontrolled inbreeding or puppy mills without any preliminary made tests of the parents. Such puppies often happen to carry genetic deceases and to have aberration not only from the standard of the specific breed but also in their behavior. Incompetent and indiscriminate breeding like this should be neither excused nor stimulated.
If you want to have a friend indeed devoted and ready to give his/her life for you and his/her appearance does not matter for you, a mixed breed animal can make you extremely happy as well.
Why to do it?
1. To be heroes. Saving homeless animals is a generous act of sympathy that they will be always grateful for. Adopting an animal from the street or a shelter really makes heroes of us because in this way we save their lives.
2. To be sure that we do not encourage puppy mills with our money where animals are bred in squalid living conditions.
3. To save our money. Adopting an animal from a shelter is much cheaper than buying it from a licensed breeder. Animals from shelters are offered for adoption after they are vaccinated, treated against parasites and castrated. If you have a castrated dog you are free of annual tax.
4. To help the society. Helping an animal is a step forward to stop the tragic problem with the homeless animal in our country. This is the right and ethical behaviour.
5. To have a unique dog. One of the advantages of the mixed breed animals is the great variety of their appearance. A little fleecy puppy to play games with the children at home, long- or short-furred, good keeper in the yard, with different colorations… each of them is one of a kind, incomparable, unique!
6. Eternal gratitude. Dogs are capable to show boundless love and gratitude. If you love them, they will respond to you in the same way, especially if they owe their lives to you.
7. Socialization. Many of the animals looking for a new home have already lived with people. They are already trained and have good hygienic habits.
8. They are in better health. If you choose to save the life of a mixed breed animal, your new friend is very likely to be in better health. The natural selection has taken care of that … weak and ill animals cannot survive in the street. For the very same reason these animals are smarter and more sensible than their home bred fellows.
9. Character, soul. When it comes to a matter of sociability, mixed breed animals come first. They are more cheerful and playful and more affectionate at the same time. They are not hard to please and have big hearts.